Lighthearted, Straight Forward + Warm
Bay Area Therapist + Teletherapy
Most people think that therapy is fraught with struggle, but I’ve found that it can be fun! It sounds surprising, but there’s humor even in life’s hardest moments. In the midst of coping with difficulty, I’ve found that humor helps us move forward.
That’s what my work is all about: finding hope and relief in a process that is decidedly disheartening. When so many paths forward are unclear and winding, I provide straightforward, yet warm, support. And clients tell me that this therapeutic style feels like coming up for air after flailing through the rough and elusive waters of infertility or midlife.
I’ve Been Where You Are Now
I have experienced the pain of infertility myself, having tried for six years to conceive. That experience gives me a unique perspective and precise understanding of clients’ realities. Beyond that, I have been through midlife transitions, from navigating advanced parental age, menopause, aging parent care, and all of the complexities that come as a result.
I firmly believe that therapy is best served with a healthy dose of lightheartedness, and love to help my clients find the humor in the madness of the infertility and menopause experiences.
Areas of Focus
Experience & Memberships
- 14 years of experience working with mental health
- BA in Psychology from Dominican University in San Rafael, CA, Summa Cum Laude
- PsyD in Clinical Psychology from the California School of Professional Psychology
- Native of Austria bringing a European sensibility to her practice
- Conducts sessions in fluent English and / or German
- President, Marin County Psychological Association (MCPA)
- Member, American Association for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM)
- Member, North American Menopause Society (NAMS)
- Member, American Psychological Association (APA)
- Member, California Psychological Association (CPA)