Infertility & Stress
So, you’ve received your infertility diagnosis and now you feel completely stressed out. What to do? How to proceed? Just know that your response – inability to fall asleep, your mind going in circles, anxiety symptoms, sadness, crying spells – is completely normal.
Here are some strategies that you can use to manage your stress. The one thing that’s important is for you to know that you need to practice to get good at calming yourself when you need to:
- Eat a well-balanced diet and try to exercise every day
- Reading, listening to music, or relaxing before bed with a hot bath can help you get to sleep
- Spend time outside, in nature, if you can
- Go to bed and wake up at the same time every day, even on weekends
- Try some relaxations exercises such as breathing exercises, deep muscle relaxation, meditation, or take up yoga
- Think about how you have successfully dealt with setbacks in the past. What strategies did you use? How did you manage to feel better?
- Make a date with a friend or trusted family member
- Start journal writing
I’m curious what works best for you. Write me an email at [email protected] and let me know.