Last week I wrote about the stressful feelings most, if not all, people diagnosed with infertility experience. I listed a few strategies that you can practice to help manage your stress. One of the suggestions was:
- Eat a well-balanced diet and try to exercise every day
We pretty much know what “well-balanced” means, right? Plenty and a variety of fruits and vegetables, protein-rich foods (as in seafood, lean meats, eggs, legumes, nuts), whole grains, fat-free or low-fat dairy products, and oils.
I have noticed that lots of people find cooking to be a stress reliever. Now you will ask, “Who has the time?” Here is a recipe that is quick to put together (less than 5 minutes) and is healthy and oh-so-tasty.
While you handle your food, pay attention to its color, smell, the way it feels in your hands and fingertips. Once it’s on the plate, have a bite, close your eyes, pay attention to its taste and enjoy!
AVOCADO OPEN-FACED SANDWICH
- A couple of slices of whole grain bread; toast them, if you like
- One ripe avocado; scoop into a bowl and lightly mash it
- Spread avocado on your bread
- Sprinkle with a little olive oil
- Sprinkle with a little lemon juice, a little salt and pepper, maybe some toasted sunflower seeds – and enjoy!
Write me an email at [email protected] and let me know, if your time in the kitchen has helped. Next week, some exercise tips.